#BeBrave Global Survivors Action Summit
It is time for a breakthrough to end childhood sexual violence.
Childhood sexual violence is a silent global scourge. It affects children and adolescents of every country, race, ethnicity, caste, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. The survivor centered Brave Movement knows how to end childhood sexual violence.
The Summit – which was hosted on April 27, 2022 – was the first moment in which the Brave Movement came together, as survivors and allies, to align on our demands to end childhood sexual violence. In June 2022, the G7 nations will meet and the Brave Movement will insist that ending child sexual violence is on the agenda.
The Summit was hosted by international journalist and broadcaster Femi Oke, with contributions from our SAGE members:
- Lawyer, psychologist and human rights advocate, Brisa de Angulo
- Executive Director and CEO of Together for Girls, Daniela Ligiero
- Political scientist and member of the German Council of Survivors, Wibke Müller
- Scottish actor, writer and activist, Matthew McVarish
- Consent educator and child sexual abuse prevention specialist, Rosalia Rivera
- Therapist, activist and founder of Mutera Global Healing, Tabitha Mpamira
- Teacher, social worker and Country Director of Healing Together Nepal, Suresh Chhetry
- Social worker, life coach and founder of Totya Platform, Janet Aguti
- Feminist, activist and founder of Maisha Girls, Florence Keya
- Physician, Epidemiologist and human rights advocate, Paul Zeitz
- Public speaker, mentor and advocate for survivors of human trafficking, Sarah Cooper
Plus, WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, President of the Oak Foundation Douglas Griffiths, European Commissioner for Home Affairs Ylva Johansson, Executive Director of UNICEF Catherine Russell, CEO of the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation Kate Hampton, Executive Director of the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children Howard Taylor, and Cuban singer, songwriter, actress and businesswoman Gloria Estefan.
Watch the summit to hear our demands and take urgent action towards prevention, healing and justice.